Heating, Cooling Ventilation. - Anwers and projects for the homeowner
- Conventional heating system: Furnace operation and repari; maintenance procedures; running hot and cold air ducts; adding a programmable thermostat; reducing fuel consumption; oil to gas conversion.
- Air conditioning: Types of air conditioners; installing freestanding and in-wall room units; adding central air conditioning; maintenance procedures; troubleshouting charts.
- Ventilation for comfort and savings: Figuring needs; natural and power ventialtion; installing a turbine ventilator; whole-house attic or ceiling fan; roof vents; venting crawl spaces and basements.
- Solar conversions: Can you retrofit? What is meant by active and passive solar systems; Types of solar plate collectors; liquid and active systems; water vs antrifreeze; heat pumps and how they work
- Building your own solar collectors: Parts of a collector; heat storage; builduing a flat.plate cikkectir ir a snakk aur-cooled unit; attaching a solar heating system; adding a " modified Trombe" wall
- Building a solar greenhouse: How a solar greenhouse works ; adapting a commercial unit; building a foundation; adding a floor and framing; heat storage; glaing techniques.
- Window protection: Eddicient window treatment; how to repair or replace a window; how to build exterior and interior storm windows; shade; drapery and shutter treatments.
- Installing insulation: Types of insulation; R raitings; installing vapor barriers and insulations in attics, walls basements ; protecting pipes and ducts
- Humidity control: Coping with too little or too much moisture; sources of humidity; how yo waterproof a wall, a basement, a crawl space; removing condensation.
- Heating with a wood stove: Characteristics of a safe wood stove; how to opeate a wood stove; buying and using wood; installing a wood stove safely; cleaning old chimenys.
Nueva Jersey / Estados Unidos / 1981
Autor: Jay hedden
Cantidad de páginas: 144
Estado general del libro: bueno. En el brode inferior de la contratapa tiene una pequeña rotura.
Todos los precios están calculados en 1 pago.